Terms of Service
Partner Eligibility Requirements
To be a partner of El Paso Giving Day 2018, your organization must comply with the following:
- Be headquartered or provide services in El Paso County.
- Be in good standing in state of organization and in each state where it operates.
- Be a publicly supported charitable organization or Type I supporting organization or operate under the fiscal sponsorship of public charity described in sections 170(b)(l)(A)(vi), 501(c)(3), and 509(a)(l), 509(a)(2) or 509(a)(3) or a of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended.
- Be current in the filing of its state and federal tax returns.
- Private foundations, places of worship, and individuals are not eligible.
Understand and agree as follows:
- Each gift processed through El Paso Giving Day must be 100% tax deductible; consequently, no goods or services may be exchanged for the gift. Neither your organization nor any person raising funds for your organization can offer any kind of incentive (time, product or consideration) in exchange for donations made through El Paso Giving Day.
- Your organization is solely responsible for cultivating each donor. El Paso Giving Day is only responsible for providing a tax receipt, which will be sent immediately after a gift is received.
- El Paso Giving Day is a vehicle that allows individuals to donate to nonprofit organizations on their own initiative and that it is not intended as a vehicle to facilitate gifts that you have solicited through other means, such as payment for event sponsorships, meals or banquets, pledge payments, purchase raffle tickets or payment of membership dues or fees.
- Each gift processed through El Paso Giving Day must be used exclusively for charitable, scientific, literary, or educational purposes, or for the prevention of cruelty to children or animals.
- Your organization must actively publicize your partnership with El Paso Giving Day in a responsible and appropriate way in your print, electronic and social media, including in your annual report, website, newsletters, press releases, email communications, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Tumbler, using the El Paso Giving Day logo and trademarks when doing so. El Paso Giving Day grants you a revocable, royalty-free and non-exclusive license to use its logo and trademarks solely for such purpose.
- El Paso Giving Day may remove your profile from El Paso Giving Day in its sole discretion at any time.
- All information entered into your El Paso Giving Day profile must accurate and correct.
- El Paso Giving Day will not share or sell donor information to any other organization or entity, but El Paso Giving Day does reserve the right to communicate with donors for the purpose of user surveys, newsletters and general education about philanthropy.
- Your organization must immediately notify El Paso Giving Day if there is a change in your organization’s partnership eligibility requirements on or before November 14, 2018.
- There will be a 2.7% processing fee charged against each donation received. This fee covers credit card processing. (Donors will be given the opportunity to make an additional contribution to cover the processing fee for their transaction.)
- The Paso del Norte Foundation does not make any money on the project and does not charge a fee for participation. the PdN Foundation invests $35,000 in-kind to cover coordinating, accounting, and administrative support.
- El Paso Giving Day reserves the right to amend, modify, or waive any of the foregoing terms and conditions without your consent and to interpret and construe these terms and conditions in its sole discretion.